Last week, I talked about your Optimal Performance Zone. If you haven’t read last week’s blog yet, I encourage you to do so before reading this week’s. It will be much more understandable and flow more easily. Also, I have much more information regarding this technique in this week’s article, so go to my website and check that out as well.
The purpose of this Stress Management Technique is:
- to teach you the simplest form of stress management.
- to remind you that you have a remarkable body that can be taught to relax.
- to help you balance your nervous system.
- to show you that belly-breathing helps you think in more productive ways.
- As you inhale, imagine that your belly is a big balloon that you’re slowly filling with air.
- Place your hands on your belly while you slowly inhale.
- Watch your hands as they rise with your in-breath.
- Watch your hands fall as you slowly breathe out, letting the air out of the balloon.
- As you exhale, make sure your belly stays relaxed.
- Take at least two or three more slow and deep breaths, making sure to keep your attention on the rise and fall of your belly.
- Make sure you practice every single day.
- Sometimes practice for five to ten minutes at a time.
- You can practice even when you’re not under stress – for example, while you’re sitting in your car watching TV, walking for exercise, or sitting at the computer at work.
Use this Technique:
- when you feel angry.
- before getting on a plane if you’re nervous.
- when you need to pause and think before speaking, to avoid saying something you might later regret.
- when you need help falling asleep.
- whenever you notice that your breathing is shallow rapid, tight or tense.
“BREATHE FROM BELLY” STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUE
Breathing slowly and deeply into and out of your belly is a signal to your mind and body to let go of stress and improve your health and happiness.
I’m a Problem Solver!
As a Business Growth Strategist & Professional Business Organizer, I want my clients to live the life they are meant to live and be happy, healthy and successful. Now I not only organize, but also coach and provide programs that solve people’s problems!
Got a problem? Let’s talk!