Last week, I taught you how to “tense to relax” – the third stress management technique of 10 that I’m writing about. I hope you’ve been practicing these techniques in the order that I’m posting them. Don’t forget, my weekly articles have more information on each of these techniques as well as my weekly videos so please check them both out on my website for the full immersion.
The purpose of this Stress Management Technique is:
- to find better ways to achieve your goals.
- to feel successful about the things you do.
- to create better choices and options.
- Think of some part of your life at which you’re not successful.
- Take three slow, full belly-breaths.
- Picture in your mind succeeding at your chosen activity.
- Describe to yourself what the successful picture showed you about how to succeed.
- Think about how success was different from the things you usually do.
- Now plan how you can put into practice what you saw.
- Start small and gradually move on to bigger challenges.
- Practice this exercise at least three times for anyone problem – more, if what you’re working on is important.
- Take the time to really “see” the specific positive outcome you desire.
Use this Technique:
- before going into an important meeting.
- when asking your boss for a raise or promotion.
- before an important conversation with a friend, family member or colleague.
- when working to develop a better golf swing or tennis return.
- when dieting or changing your exercise pattern.
- when in a conflict that you’d like to see the end with a win-win outcome.
“VISUALIZE SUCCESS” STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUE
Research shows us that when we picture ourselves being successful, we’re more likely to accomplish our goals and dreams…
I’m a Problem Solver!
As a Business Growth Strategist & Professional Business Organizer, I want my clients to live the life they are meant to live and be happy, healthy and successful. Now I not only organize, but also coach and provide programs that solve people’s problems!
Got a problem? Let’s talk!